Thursday, February 28, 2013

Learning how to tweet

I've had a Twitter account for a few years now, but I still haven't gotten the hang of tweeting.  I occasionally tweet or re-tweet something, but even though there are a few people who follow me, I feel fairly certain no one is paying attention or even cares about what I'm tweeting.  Tonight I tried to participate in a tweet chat - a school district chat about technology in the classroom.  Although I tweeted several things and used the correct hashtag, and even replied to a few folks' tweets, I never saw my tweets in the stream nor did I receive any replies to anything I tweeted.  I'm sure I must have done something wrong, but I have no idea what.  I guess I need a class in remedial tweeting!

I'm always reading about how great Twitter is for professional development and connections, and it seems to be the latest thing to use in education, but I'm afraid I just don't get it yet.  I have difficulty following what's trending and finding things I want to follow in the first place.  But mainly, finding the time to stay on top of it isn't easy.  Maybe if I could find that Remedial Tweeting class . . .

No comments: