Friday, May 20, 2011

I can't believe I waited so long . . .

I can't believe I've gone the entire semester without posting to this blog! It doesn't seem like it's been 5 months, but I guess it has been. I do remember blogging, but now that I think about it, I posted to my OTHER blog rather than this one! Oh, well - better late than never!

It's been an okay school year. The students (for the most part) have been pretty good - no major problems - and not having to float after the first month was so much better than I could have expected at the beginning of the school year. Most everyone is doing either well or okay in class - only 1 or 2 that I'm really worried about passing. It's been a long year but we've all made it through.

I'm excited about getting ready for next year. Yes, it may be rough - larger classes, fewer teachers, less money, more stress over new testing - but it's a new year and a new start, a chance to improve the things I was less than successful at, to do a better job of inspiring my students, trying to excite them about biology. I'm excited to be moving to a bigger, better lab, much more appropriate for biology than this computer lab I've been in this year. I'm excited to be teaching the same courses in a new way, with a colleague I love teaching with, in a school I really love. It may be my last year at this school - who knows whether I'll still be here or will go to the new school that opens in 2012 - but I'm really looking forward to the new school year.

So to A&M Consolidated's class of 2015 biology students, welcome - I wish you a great and exciting freshman year. I hope you're ready to learn about LIFE!!

No comments: